Powered By Blogger

Monday 31 July 2017

Praising God In the Midst of Your Storming Sea


 Quote: - No matter how hopeless is your situation, God will always be God. He is able and willing to turn your storming sea to praise arena for your testimonies. You will surely arrive alive.
Text: - The waters encompassed me, even to my soul; the deep closed around me; weeds were wrapped around my head. 6. I went down to the moorings of the mountains; the earth with its bars closed behind me forever; yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord, my God.  "When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, into Your holy temple.  "Those who regard worthless idols forsake their own Mercy. But I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.'' Job 2: 5- 9

 Reverend G. S. Adeyemo
Charles Swindoll recounts the story of an airliner in 1968 bound for New York that began its descent when the pilot realized the landing gear had refused to engage. The Pilot worked the controls back and forth, trying again and again to unlock the landing gear but had no success. He then asked the control tower for instructions as he circled the airport. Responding to the crisis, airport personnel sprayed the runway with foam as fire trucks and other emergency vehicles moved into position. Disaster was only minutes away. The passengers meanwhile were told to place their heads between their knees and grab their ankles just before impact. It was one of those “I-can't-believe-this-is-happening-to-me” experiences that led to many tears and even a few screams of despair in the cabin. The landing was only a few seconds away when suddenly the pilot announced over the intercom: We are beginning our final descent. At this moment, in accordance with International Aviation Codes established in Geneva, it is my obligation to inform you that if you believe in God you should COMMENCE PRAYER. 
Being stock for three days in the belly of the fish is not a safe place to live, but it is a desperate place to pray and praise God. Today we have national, personal, and spiritual worries. We are all struggling to get out of the rough tide through various channels. In Nigeria, some are clarmouring for diversification of economy, devolution of powers etc. You too were so optimistic about steps taken to overcome poverty, disappointment and ministerial crisis. Unfortunately it seems things are not going your way. “The more you look the less you see”. I must tell you, you can pray and praise your way out of the storming sea.
The last thing in the imagination of Jonah when he boarded the ship heading for Tarshish instead of Nineveh was living in the belly of a fish for three days and three nights. Consider the experience of Jonah in the belly of the fish as he looked up to God in hope and cried out saying, “The waters encompassed me, even to my soul; the deep closed around me; weeds were wrapped around my head. I went down to the moorings of the mountains; the earth with its bars closed behind me forever; yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord, my God.” Jonah resorted to prayer of positive confession. And he capped it with a pledge to offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving.
When the storm is raging, always remember that God is God and ever present even in the midst of that storm. He is able and willing to turn your storming sea to praise arena for your testimonies. You will surely arrive alive in Jesus name. Isaiah 43:2; Psalm 107: 23-31; Mark 5: 47-51; Acts 27: 13-26
Hope in God  
Pray to God 
Praise your way out of the storming sea.  
As you do so the Lord will send a help to pick you from the depth of the raging sea and deliver you on the Promised Land in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment