Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 May 2016

By His Stripes


 Rev'd and Pastor G. S. Adeyemo
Our focus in this edition is ‘Divine Healing;’ God never intended for us to be sick in body, spirit and soul rather, that we have physical health, as well as that of soul and spirit. The Bible says, "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 3 John 2 Your pain and aches are not to death, you are in God’s plan for perfect health at all times. Perhaps, you or your loved one is going through untold pain, the Word of God shall fall on you and you shall be healed in Jesus name. Doctor's report may seem scary while your experience is telling you no more hope for you. God's verdicts stand sure which says, "He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions." Psalm 107:20. That same living Word is creative and redemptive, infallible and able to heal you from all forms of sicknesses. 
No matter what might be responsible for your sickness, by the stripes of Jesus Christ you are healed. You need to reach out in faith and receive what Jesus did for you!  He died and rose from the death just for remission for sins of the world and deliverance from its consequences, however, that doesn't mean that the world will be saved, except they come to God and receive what Jesus did for them.
 Sickness and diseases are known symptoms of a curse. It was God who placed the first curse on the soil which was and is the host of man's resources for survival. The curse of hardships was placed on mankind as God said "Unto the woman..., I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast  hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and  hast eaten of the tree, of which I  commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not  eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake;  in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of  thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it  bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the  herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face  shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto  the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for  dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou  return.It is an agelong plague that defies all efforts by man." Gen. 3:15-18; Deuteronomy 28:59-61. Since Jesus paid the price on the cross to set us free from all curses (Galatians 3:13), why would there be any reason for a child of God to still be living under a curse? Every single person who came to Jesus for a healing was healed. The Bible says, "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him" Acts 10:38. 
If a person is under a curse, according to the Bible, evil has come upon them in some way. Sickness, tragedy, or bad circumstances are occurring in their lives. As a result of idolatry and some form of sins, a curse is placed on such person. Most times the manifestation is seen in terminal illness. No curable drugs can be procured in the hospitals. In Jeremiah the Bible reveals, “Why criest thou for thine affliction? Thy sorrow is incurable for the multitude of thine iniquity: because thy sins were increased, I have done these things unto thee. For thus saith the Lord, Thy bruise is incurable, and thy wound is grievous. There is none to plead thy cause, that thou mayest be bound up: thou hast no healing medicines. All thy lovers have forgotten thee; they seek thee not; for I have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one, for the multitude of thine iniquity; because thy sins were increased. Why criest thou for thine affliction? Thy sorrow is incurable for the multitude of thine iniquity: because thy sins were increased, I have done these things unto thee.” 
The question that may come to mind is ‘if it’s the will of God that we should be in sound health, why do we sick?’ Also, ‘what are the causes of illness and how can we be in good health?’ Andrew Murray once said “If Christians learned to realize practically the presence of the Lord that health, their spiritual life would thereby be developed and sanctified” The Bible is explicit that by the stripes of Jesus Christ, we are healed. "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."1 Peter 2:24, but why are there so many Christians who are still sick? All believers are entitled to healing; however, if we don't reach out in faith to accept what was given to us, it won't be manifested in our lives.  Coming with sin are all manners of sicknesses into the world, and "so death passed upon all men..." Romans 5:2, 14; Genesis 2:17; 3:17 
Physical healing is closely associated in scripture with spiritual deliverance and forgiveness of sin. Psalms 103:3; Isaiah 33:24; 53:3-5; Matthew 4:24; 8:16-17, 9:26; 12:22; Mark 2:1-12; Luke 5:18, 20-23; 6:17-18; 8:2,36; 11:14;13:16; Acts 5:16; 10:38; James 5:15.
PRAYER POINTS
As we humbly pray together seeking divine healing, say, Lord Jesus, I agree that I am a sinner. I am ready to forsake my sinful life. I believe You died for me and rose the third day. I invite you into my heart and life. Come in as my Lord and Saviour from now on. Thank you for saving me. As from today on, I will obey the words of God, fellowship with other believers where the Bible is taught. Help me so to do in Jesus mighty name I pray.
I want you to pray the following prayer points:
I renounce all curses inherited from my parents in Jesus name
I plead the blood of Jesus Christ upon my soul and body in Jesus name
O Lord, purge me from the contamination from generational curses in Jesus name
I command the fire of Holy Spirit on the root of sickness in my body in Jesus name
I break the yoke of terminal illness from my bones and body in Jesus name
You devouring diseases in my blood stream, die in in Jesus name
By the stripes of Jesus Christ, I am healed from cancer in Jesus name
By the stripes of Jesus Christ, I am healed from barrenness in Jesus name
For I am fearfully made, I command you sickness to panic and fade away from my body in Jesus name.
I am healed from all illness in Jesus name.
Thank you Lord, Jesus Christ for healing me. Seal me with your blood in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment