Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 June 2017

My Utmost for His Highest


Brother M. A. Adeyemo
Youth President,
Christ Baptist Church, Alimosho Lagos
www.abundantgracemin.com
I give glory to God in the highest for yet another opportunity granted the Youth Department of the Nigerian Baptist Convention to celebrate and demonstrate the grace of God in our life. I felicitate with the Youth Fellowship of Christ Baptist Church Alimosho the victorious and happy people, for God's faithfulness and sustaining grace upon us and the Church. As we begin this year's Youth Week I encourage you to enjoy yourself in God's presence. I am sure you will be richly blessed this week in Jesus.
The theme for this year's Youth Week is “My Utmost for His Highest” taken from Philippians 1-20-21 It reads, “According to my Ernest expectation and my hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed but that with boldness as always so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body whether it be life or by death's” for me to live is Christ and to die is gain”
We are in an age when youths are scouting for convenience in all its ramifications. The pursuit of the fastest ways of meeting our yearnings is driving many into various temptations. The Church is not spared of the migration of the Youths from one denomination to another in the name of convenience. Unfortunately, many are frustrated as a result of unfulfilled appetite. Prophet Amos says, “Behold, the days are coming,” declares the Lord GOD, “When I will send a famine on the land not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD. 12 They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it. 13 “In that day the lovely virgins and the young men shall faint for thirst.”  No one is ready to pay the price for end -time revival and the outpouring of God's power.
This year, you must stop running around seeking for the easiest way to get what you want at the expense of eternity. Be determined to offer your utmost to experience the Lord's highest. As we celebrate the year we should also not forget our desire to serve God with our best and not be ashamed of what anyone might say, or rather been ashamed of propagating the message of Christ to our fellow youths in the community, schools, and workplace and wherever you find yourself. Once again, I welcome us all to this year Youth Week and may we all be blessed richly in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment